dad reading his new book.
it's been a very, very good, low-key christmas. we opened gifts early in the morning, took naps, and ate a delicious dinner in the afternoon. this evening we are making cookies for a christmas party tomorrow. thumbprint, my favorite.
our table centerpiece.
jam thumbprint cookies, so good!
It makes me very thankful to have such a good, close family.
they really spoiled me this year.
They gave me:
1. The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
2. A huge, beautiful cutting board.
3. An absolutely beautiful book of all of Jane Austen's novels, oh it's so gorgeous.
4. adorable pinch bowls! I've already used them!
5. an OXO angled measuring cup.
6. Martha Stewart's Cooking School book
7. Martha Stewarts Baking Handbook, there is so much in there I want to make!
8. A oxo silicone pastry brush, so useful.
9. A big cookie scoop.
And on a less practical note, my mom got me this adorable measuring spoon necklace and beautiful green ring:
Thanks everyone, I feel really spoiled and so grateful.